- Do you meet the project participantion criteria? If YES..
- Apply for membership. First ensure you read the PROJECT TERMS
- The MacDougall DNA Research Project Coodinator will order and pay for the Y-DNA test on your behalf.
- You will receive the DNA testing kit from the test company, Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) or directly from the project coodinator.
- Complete the test and send it back to FTDNA.
- You will receive a password to access you FTDNA Dashboard where results are posted. Test results typically take around 6 weeks to be processed.
- FTDNA will be email you once your results have been posted on your Dashboard.
- Your kit will have been enrolled by the Coordinator in the general MacDougall Project at FTDNA and you will be able to see your results alongside other MacDougalls.
- More importantly, as a participant in the MacDougall DNA Research Project, the Project Coordinator will examine your results in detail. He will look for ancestral patterns and genetic markers that may point to: the historical location of your patrilineal ancestor, including possible affiliation to particular MacDougall family lines. This is a key objective of this funded research.
Please fill out this form. The form will collect information necessary in order to send out the test kit.